Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Me and a blog. Why the heck not? Yes, everyone and their cousin seems to be blogging... and I suppose it feels a smidge like riding the bandwagon. But it's a comfortable bandwagon that allows me to indulge in two things I relish: creative writing and photography. So... Away we go.

Speaking of "Away We Go," loved the film. Thoroughly. John Krasinski plays a deliciously genial fella.

Speaking of "delicious," I highly recommend ordering the green curry at Indochine in Tacoma. Or, simply be adventurous at your own local Thai haunt and order some incarnation of curry (if Tacoma, Washington isn't on your travel itinerary).

Speaking of travel itineraries, I'm eager for the day that I'll travel to New Zealand. Seriously. The accents, breath-stealing vistas, lavish beaches, rustic mountains, and faraway nostalgia make it so darn appealing. Oh, for the love of a plane ticket.

Speaking of plane tickets, if anyone happens to know of an extra ticket lying around (destination anywhere), let me know. I'll do you the favor of using it ;)

That should do the trick for the time being--my first post has now been an utterly random, "free association" style masterpiece. If you've made it this far, I applaud you. Wowzers. My thanks ;)


Here's one of my random photographs... It gives me the warm fuzzies.



4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging Emily :) I've been blogging for almost 3 years and i have found it to be a great way to meet and interact with people from all over the world.

    With your gifts of writing and photography you will be a natural. So let your pen fly!

    As for the extra ticket, sorry - i only have one and i'm using it tomorrow morning as i head for Dublin....:) (would this be considered gloating?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) love it, friend. love the randomness especially! this will be a fun way to hear the craziness that flows forth from your head. ;) now that i'm not utterly fearful of flying - lets go somewhere! lol wait...we're both broke. :( eh, what the heck. keep it comin, sista!

    ps. i am ridikilusly jealous of Roberta. DUBLIN?!?!?! not even fair. no where close to fair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roberta... How large is your suitcase? Can I fit?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily, I'm sitting in the SFO international lounge waiting for my flight to London. I was only recently reunited with my luggage which spent a lonely night in an Aer Lingus terminal. But now we are once again one big happy family and no, there is no room in the inn, i mean bag :)

    You would like it here. There are Germans at the next table drinking lager and a French couple sitting behind me. I was completely fascinated with the people getting on the flight for Dubai...Muslim women may have to cover themselves up but they do so with such panache (sp?)....the world is so much bigger than the US of A!

    ReplyDelete